TEACHER ADVANCEMENT PROGRAM SPECIALIST AND DATA ANALYST
The Teacher Advancement Program Specialist (TAP) and Data Analyst performs all processing and Registrars’ duties for the TAP program, creates and manages Taskstream and manages Credential and Graduate Education data programs. This position reports directly to the Director of Graduate Education.
- Perform administrative duties for the Teacher Advancement Program
- Coordinate the development of intercampus processes for TAP as they relate to the Registrar’s Office
- Oversee course registration for TAP students
- Provide unofficial transcripts for TAP students
- Oversee student loan deferments
- Maintain student files for TAP
- Serve as initial contact for TAP potential and current students
- Coordinate with external partners for TAP
- Maintain TAP and Taskstream website
- Manage office equipment and supplies
- Perform technical assistance involving editing, proof-reading, filing, and word processing
- Process all incoming funds from external partnerships in collaboration with the Office of Accounting Operations.
- Monthly, reconcile funds received from and dispersed to external partnerships according to VU partnership agreements.
- Assist in the management of TAP budget and accounts under the guidance of the Graduate Education Director
- Serve as the Taskstream coordinator to create, collect and compile assessment data (accreditation and program learning outcomes) for the Department of Graduate Education
- Work collaboratively to train faculty and assist in training students in the Credential and Graduate Programs in the use of Taskstream
- Work with the Graduate Education Director and faculty to input assessment data and other documents including the eportfolio and evaluates data to present to the Graduate Education Director to inform improvement of program
- Update data to assist Student Teaching Coordinator in streamlining clinical placements and management
- Identify risks to the organization within the department and discuss risk reduction options with immediate supervisor
- Perform related duties as assigned by Director of Graduate Education
- Master’s Degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree accepted
- Two or more years of administrative experience
- Experience in creating and managing data assessment programs, experience in Access and Taskstream preferred
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and ability to learn data analysis programs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Experience creating and presenting data-driven reports
- Knowledge and acceptance of principles and philosophies of Vanguard University
- Experience in an educational institution preferred
Full-time position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a generous benefits package.
Applicant should submit a completed VUSC Application for Staff Employment and current resume. The application form can be downloaded from the web at http://humanresources.vanguard.edu/employment-opportunities. All applications/resumes/materials must be submitted electronically via e-mail to: RESUME@vanguard.edu . We are located at: Vanguard University of Southern California, 55 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Applications will be received until position is filled or until a sufficient number of applications are received. Vanguard University will conduct a background check on the final candidate.
VANGUARD UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA is a private, co-educational, comprehensive University of liberal arts and professional studies that believes its evangelical Christian community in the Pentecostal tradition offers a unique opportunity for academic achievement. Vanguard University embodies a Christ-centered, multicultural community serving approximately 2,200 students. Vanguard values and encourages qualified applicants who are diverse in gender, generation, ethnicity, race and/or ability, and seeks staff that will interact with the Vanguard community in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency. Where permitted by law and in relation to the school’s heritage and mission, Vanguard does exercise religious preference throughout the University.