COORDINATOR OF ACQUISITIONS AND LIBRARY SERVICES
The Coordinator of Acquisitions and Library Services coordinates the day-to-day administrative operations of the VUSC Library, with specific focus on the needs of the Director of Library Services, managing the budget, and acquisitions. It is a year-round, thirty (30) hours per week position starting July 3, 2017.
- Provide administrative support for the Director of Library Services.
- Monitor library budget and fiscal management processes, initiate and track expenditures, analyze accounts and make recommendations to the Director of Library Services.
- Order library material (periodicals, books, databases, software, equipment) and interact with vendors to ensure timely acquisition and prompt billing.
- Manage all library technological equipment including computers, printers, the scanner, the print kiosk, the cash register, the security gate, the emergency exit alarms, the security camera, the microfiche machine, and the copy machine. Ensure all are updated with appropriate software and in working order.
- Create IT and maintenance work orders as needed and ensure jobs are completed.
- Coordinate the library phone tree and update recordings.
- Anticipate office and instructional supplies and order as needed, and maintain inventory of supplies.
- Serve as liaison and represent the library to offices and academic units on campus as well as to external constituents.
- Compile and organize information for specific projects and reports.
- In the absence of library staff and student employees, assist at the circulation desk.
- Plan and execute library events.
- Identify risks to the organization within the department and discuss risk reduction options with immediate supervisor.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Director of Library Services.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A self-starter, detail and goal oriented, and committed to accuracy and efficiency
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Positive attitude and customer service orientation
- Ability to thrive in a busy environment with multiple interruptions
- Proficiency using Microsoft office products (competence with Excel is essential) and ability to master additional library and university software programs
- Ability to work as a team player in a strong team environment
- Possession of a vibrant Christian faith and commitment to the integration of faith and learning
- Knowledge of and affirmation of principles and philosophies of Vanguard University
Thirty (30) hours per week position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a generous prorated benefits package.
Applicant should submit a completed VUSC Application for Staff Employment and current resume. All applications/resumes/materials must be submitted electronically via e-mail to: RESUME@vanguard.edu . We are located at: Vanguard University of Southern California, 55 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. Applications will be received until position is filled or until a sufficient number of applications are received. Vanguard University will conduct a background check on the final candidate.
VANGUARD UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA is a private, co-educational, comprehensive University of liberal arts and professional studies that believes its evangelical Christian community in the Pentecostal tradition offers a unique opportunity for academic achievement. Vanguard University embodies a Christ-centered, multicultural community serving approximately 2,200 students. Vanguard values and encourages qualified applicants who are diverse in gender, generation, ethnicity, race and/or ability, and seeks staff that will interact with the Vanguard community in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency. Where permitted by law and in relation to the school’s heritage and mission, Vanguard does exercise religious preference throughout the University.